Connecting Commerce to Community
The new OneRedmond Ambassador Program was founded in early 2020 by a group of dedicated and passionate businesses, in partnership with OneRedmond.
With the mission of welcoming, supporting and advocating for Redmond’s local businesses and recruiting potential Chamber members, Ambassadors are leaders with expertise and connections that are valuable to new businesses and members during the challenging time of COVID-19 and beyond.
OneRedmond Ambassadors to Engage and Support New Members and the Entire Business Community of Redmond.
Now, more than ever, a OneRedmond Business Ambassador Program is needed. While traditional Chamber networking events, business fairs and educational forums may not be available, local businesses still seek connection to services, support, advocacy and each other. OneRedmond Ambassadors creatively use the tools and technology available today to serve and assist through the following ways:
- Participate in virtual and re-start ribbon cuttings and networking events and at educational webinars as welcoming business leaders and industry-expert speaker.
- Brainstorm with businesses in need of ideas, connections and tools to get through COVID-19 pandemic challenges based on the expertise of each Ambassador.
- Host and moderate podcasts or call-in webinars where businesses can talk about the challenges they are facing, the ways they are pivoting their business model to meet requirements, and how to continue to operate under new and changing environments.
- Check in with businesses – proactively call or e-mail businesses to see how they are doing and what they need to be successful.
- Recruit and support new OneRedmond members.
Attend monthly Ambassador Committee meetings.
Ambassador Committee Members Offer Specialized Expertise
In addition to understanding the ins and outs of doing business in the City of Redmond, King County and the State of Washington, each Ambassador brings an additional level of knowledge and expertise that could be valuable to new members including but not limited to:
- Construction, Architecture, and Development
- Banking, Taxes and Finance
- Communications and Marketing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Human Resources and Small Business Consulting